The Independent Editors Group is the premier professional affiliation of New York City-based, freelance editors/book doctors/ghostwriters who work with writers, editors, publishers and agents in trade book publishing.
- manuscript evaluations
- developmental and line editing
- consultation on book proposals and conceptual development
- ghostwriting and collaboration
- project development (esp. for self-published books)
Whenever you have a project calling for freelance editorial expertise, get in touch with the best editors in trade book publishing today to solve your manuscript problems.
Writers, contact us when...
- You need a professional's evaluation of your manuscript—not your family's, your friends', or your writers group's
- You would like your draft manuscript critiqued before...
Agents & publishers,
contact us when...
- A contracted manuscript is about to be cancelled unless it gets major re-writing/cutting— and the clock is running
- An author is unable to finish a book due to...
Why All Self-Publishers Need A Good Editor
“Just get it down on paper, and then we will see what to do with it,” said Maxwell Perkins, the revered editor of F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway and Thomas Wolfe. If this sage piece…