The Independent Editors Group is the premier professional affiliation of New York City-based, freelance editors/book doctors/ghostwriters who work with writers, editors, publishers and agents in trade book publishing.
- manuscript evaluations
- developmental and line editing
- consultation on book proposals and conceptual development
- ghostwriting and collaboration
- project development (esp. for self-published books)
Whenever you have a project calling for freelance editorial expertise, get in touch with the best editors in trade book publishing today to solve your manuscript problems.
Writers, contact us when...
- You need a professional's evaluation of your manuscript—not your family's, your friends', or your writers group's
- You would like your draft manuscript critiqued before...
Agents & publishers,
contact us when...
- A contracted manuscript is about to be cancelled unless it gets major re-writing/cutting— and the clock is running
- An author is unable to finish a book due to...
Jessica Park’s eBook Success Story
Jessica Park’s June 7th post on The Huffington Post—“How Amazon Saved My Life” (picked up from the IndieReader)—may well be the rallying cry for the eBooks self-publishing movement.